Banners, Avatars, Made to Match Items and More!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Need some tips?

I know that when I first started out on Etsy, I needed help, and a lot of it! I've decided that I am going to start adding some helpful tips and tricks to my blog to help those of you just starting out, or those of you that just aren't getting the sales you want.

Today's topic is tags. Tags are SO important. Without them, how will your potential customers ever find your products? When I started out I will have to admit, I was a little lazy. I would maybe do 2 or 3 because that was all I could think of. I was having very little sales as a result. Etsy allows up you to use up to 14 tags! If you are having trouble thinking of that many, sit down with a pad of paper or even ask friends and family for some input. When I tag my items, I try to be as descriptive as possible. For example, let's say I am going to list a new Etsy shop set. I can use the tags banner, avatar, business card, return address label, logo, pink, blue, flower, clean, etsy shop set, premade shop set, round sticker, polka dot. There are many ways to describe something and you really have to tap into that. My shop sets have a lot of items included in them so I try to make sure I list each item individually as well as the colors. These are great ways to describe your items! Now that I have utilized all 14 tags my sales have definitely increased. Another way I like to get sales is to promote, promote, promote...but that's another blog entry:)

In the next blog post: Promoting and Marketing your Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment