Banners, Avatars, Made to Match Items and More!

Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy new year to everyone! The new year is starting off on the right foot over here at SRDS. My new years sale was a huge success and now I just have to get caught up on all of the orders, which I will be doing today. I have a list a mile long to finish but I think I can do it!

Speaking of doing things, I wanted to share my 365 blog with you all. A 365 blog is where you take a photo every day for the whole year and post it into a blog. I made a separate blog for this and you can see it  here http://letsdothis365blog.blogspot.com/ I am super proud of it and I am excited to start posting!

For today's super Monday tip I am going to discuss team's on Etsy. Being a part of a team is a great way for you to promote your shop as well as promote your team member's shops. I belong to a team called Homefront Team and it is made up of military spouses. It is such a great team because we can all support each other since we are all going through the same difficult times. There are a lot of teams out there but if you can't find one that suits you, start your own!

New in my shop is made to match items. I know I have discussed this before but I want to go into more detail with it. I have been getting a lot of convo's lately where a buyer would like to purchase a shop set along with a bow card and web ad. I have made this VERY easy for you all to do! Just add the shop set you would like to your cart and then visit the made to match section. Find the made to match items you would like and add them to your cart as well. I have also made the made to match listings for banners and avatars as well. If you are a shop just starting out and only need a banner, you can purchase it for $5.00. The listing is only for a single banner and it can be the main shop banner, sale banner or a vacation banner. If you would like all three I would suggest purchasing a basic shop set. These are very affordable and come with 3 banners and 5 avatars! But as I said, if you are on a tight budget you can purchase just the banner to get started. The same goes for the avatars.

I am also happy to report that I am making some headway on getting a basic and premium listing for every set in my shop. I like the fact that I can offer the premium sets along side the basic sets so you the customer can see what the business card design will look like. Remember, the orientation can always be changed as well, just let me know prior to checking out. I still have a handful of designs to make into premium/basic shop sets but I'm getting there!


I hope everyone had a great new year. I myself have made a small-ish list of things to do not only this year but in all of the years to come. I am not making any new years resolutions, but rather new life resolutions. Your life is what you make it so go out there, do what you love and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment